Sunday, August 14, 2022

- Behringer X Touch with Logic Pro -

- Behringer X Touch with Logic Pro -

Looking for:

Considering X-touch One to use with Logic Pro X - - Apple Footer 













































     


- Popular Categories



 

Ok, I'm gonna hold down and wait for an X - Touch then. Thanks for your advice! I had and have though I no longer use it an MCU. Which, if you don't know it, is pretty much exactly a more expensive X-Touch. What I found was that I almost never used all 9 faders. For me, 8 channels were pretty much useless as it was too few to hold an entire mix and bank switching just led to too much time squinting at the MCU trying to figure out what was where.

If I had 24 or more channels I might have made it work but 8 was not cutting it. Sometimes I would make 8 VCA's and lock those to the MCU so that it would be kind of useful for late stage mix tweaks but really it always ended up easier to use a trackpad to do my levels and pans on the screen.

What I did use however, were the transport functions, the zoom functions and the jog wheel as well as using 1 fader to write automation. And that pretty much describes the X-Touch one. I don't know if I'll personally go for one as I have kind of made my peace with trackpad and keyboard in order to work comfortably in other rooms but if I do get another controller the X-Touch seems like my personal sweet spot. Excellent inputs Sir! The X-Touch one might be just perfect for my needs in the end.

I did owned an MCU many years ago and never used it that much because of the learning curve and finally sold it. But now I have more time to spend on learning a control surface and I also have way more know how with Logic.

Very efficient for tracking. For mixing, I re-installed my Korg nanoKontrol2 that was collecting dust and to my surprise, it does what I need to do pretty quickly. And for shortcuts my iPad Logic Remote is very handy. I took also the time to setup a 16 channels Logic template.

I do miss a real fader and a jog wheel but not that much, right now anyway. So, now, I have a fast and functionnal setup! It's crazy to realize that often, we have all that we need, hanging around!

All we have to do is take the time to learn how our things work! Thanks for your reply Sir. Ya I think the very first thing I tried to do with my Mackie then was to try control the different plugins parameters doing trials and errors without ever taking the time to RTFM!

Shame on me. Back to the X-Touch, the X-Touch one, for simple selected channel strip operations seems very pleasant to use but rather limited. If only it could controle the sends So the X-Touch is still on my wish list. Sorry to back up here, but the X-Touch ONE seems to have conflicting reports on its ability to write automation.

I'm in a similar situation in that I really don't need control over 24 tracks, but the one thing I'm keen on is having something tactile to write automation with and not just volume automation. The X-Touch One price has dropped a lot.

For users of any control surface chapters 1, 2, and 3 are important to know. Follow those chapters with the device specific chapters - in this case chapter 4 - "Mackie Control" - which the X-Touch emulates convincingly. The other interesting chapter is "Euphonix devices" - essentially now Avid control surfaces and devices. Sticking with Mackie Control which behaves reasonably well in all my DAWs, and happily controls my Behringer digital mixer - XR18 - one button push swaps between mixer and Logic.

Handy, handy, handy. Please tell me I'm being an idiot and explain how they can. Hi - Thanks for your response and your patience. Slight change to my workflow I guess Lots of reading ahead :- Thanks, Charles. To dive a little deeper, I decided to work through the Mackie Control section of the Logic Control Manual, especially the charts beginning on page I have only encountered one thing that does not seem to work on the X-Touch as described in the manual.

It is also not really a big deal if it does not because there are other ways of doing the same thing. This is more about verifying what works as described in the manual on the X-Touch. First thing I want to check is, is this correct?

It does not work. So, I tried the same sequence but without pressing the Option button, and it still does not work. Both procedures simply turn the solo on and off. This would actually be pretty handy, if it worked. Has anybody managed to get this to work? Am I doing something wrong in the sequence of button presses? Thanks in advance. Thanks for providing the answer to the real question.

I have been working to understand my X-Touch since day one, and each day I get a little better at it. At some point I want to be able to mix entire songs without ever looking at the screen and only using the control surface and an attached keyboard I have as many versions of the manual that I can find including the original Logic Control manual - things disappear between versions.

I am working towards the same goal, which is why I am going through the manual explore all the functions. This forum and people helping each other is great way to achieve that goal.

Thanks again. On another note, I really like the X-Touch, and I think it will really the number of times I have to reach for the mouse. Input Monitoring "I". I am just thinking about the Input Monitoring "I" button on all tracks. I am a bit scared I would have to use the mouse for this, which seems a bit of a downer. Humbly, Ylan. Top Mentioned Manufacturers. Facebook Twitter Reddit LinkedIn.

   

 

Behringer x touch logic pro x free.



    Hi All - Hope you're all well. Recently I bought an x touch (universal Control). I read (and seen on youtube) that it's suppose to work pretty much as is. Hi! The X-Touch One seems to be something I would consider to use mostly with Logic Pro X and at times with Cubase and Reason. One thing I can't find in the.


No comments:

Post a Comment